Wine Tour V.I.P.
Spend a day in the Roman countryside tasting local delicacies and premium DOCG Frascati wines. In the Castelli Romani area, you’ll visit Castel Gandolfo, Frascati, and Nemi, visiting wineries and discovering this beautiful region.
About this activity
- Duration 6 hours
- English, Wheelchair accessible
- Pick-up included
- Visit one of the top producers of DOCG Frascati wines
- Experience the history and culture of the Castelli Romani area
- See Castel Gandolfo, the summer residence of the pope
- Taste lots of delicious local foods at a private lunch
Your full-day food and wine tour begin at 10:00 AM when your driver will pick you up at your hotel (please contact the tour operator once you book as the departure time can change). On the road to the Castelli Romani area, learn about the Frascati region: its history, traditions, and wine designation.
Visiting the first location you will have the first taste of 2/3 different local wines, visit one of the producers in the area, learn about the ancient wine traditions that date back to Roman times.
Your driver will show the Abbazia of San Nilo, have a little break from the wine tasting, learn about Frascati town, and visit Castel Gandolfo, overlooking the volcanic lake and also the beautiful village of Nemi.
Second tasting will be with a different producer, with some food tasting as well.
- English-speaking Driver
- Transportation by air-conditioned car/mini-van
- 2 or 3 tastings at Frascati regional wineries
- Delicious light lunch
- Guided visit of Castel Gandolfo
What’s Not Included
- Guided tour of the farm (available upon request)
Know before you go
- If you choose to visit a farm, it is recommended to have comfortable pants and shoes, as you will be walking through vineyards and gardens.